Meeting the needs of visitors with disabilities
At Sainte-Marie among the Hurons, we strive daily to provide accessible customer service.
Our promise to all visitors:
All of our goods and services will be provided in a way that respects the dignity and independence of all of our visitors.
What does this mean:
This means that we are committed to giving people with disabilities equal opportunity to access all of our events, programming, and goods and services. Staff are trained on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
We are pleased to provide the following services:
- A support person accompanying a person with a disability is admitted free.
- Service animals are welcome on the historic site, in modern buildings, and in retail, restaurant (when open) and theatre outlets.
- Staff assistance is available for people who use assistive devices to get the best possible experience from their visit.
- Accessible washrooms and access ramps to all historic buildings
- Multi-language digital app (English , French & German)
- Please NOTE. The length of the historic site is approximately 1.5 Kilometres in length, comprising unpaved pathways and some hilly & sandy geography.